Interested in learning Italian, but don’t have the money to pay for classes? Look no farther! Here you’ll find tons of online resources that’ll have you parlate italiano in no time!
- Italian Alphabet Video #1 - This video is meant for adults and therefore, a little dry.
- Italian Alphabet Video #2 - This video is meant for children and is a song. If you’re an auditory learner, try this out!
- Numbers in Italian
- Shopping in Italian
- Eating Out in Italian
- Italian for Travelers - Very basic Italian that’ll just help you get by.
ONLINE ITALIAN WEBSITES:
- Italian Pronouns
- Regular and Irregular Verbs
- Gender and Number of Italian Nouns
- Italian Nouns with Irregular Gender
- 1001 Italian Verbs
- The 3 Tenses You Need to Speak and Understand Italian
MISC. TIPS AND TRICKS:
- How to Speak Italian and Not Sound Like A Tourist In Italy
- How to Roll Your R’s
- Stop Saying It Wrong: Italian Food Words
- 22 Tips For Learning a Foreign Language
- Learn Italian by Mindsnacks - This is a limited app. To access all features, you’ll have to eventually pay.
- Learn Italian - Phrasebook for Travel in Italy
- Italian FREE 24/7 Language Learning
- Italian English Dictionary + Freemium
Here’s a list of fun (and entertaining!) cartoons, videos, and films you can watch in your target language!
- 로보카폴리 (a fun animated series with talking cars)
- 내친구호비 (My Friend Hebi)
- Cute penguin cartoon
- Cute series with cartoon animals
- Illustrated animal cartoon
- ..Another similar series
- Tobot (또봇) short minute-long clips
- Tobot (또봇) full 1 hour episodes
- Hello Kitty in Korean
- Mr Men & Little Miss
- Channel with many different playlists for complete series
- Another channel full of videos
- Cute Penguin Animated Series
Korean short story/song videos
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAeyBAvUCZM (Umbrella)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufroE1yd0EM (Little Red Riding Hood)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVETxzZOzuo (Hansel & Gretel)
- Mr. Men Little Miss(Short 3 minute long videos)
- Japanese short stories for children
- Nihongo Dekimasu (Complete series for learning Japanese)
- Hebi Japanese
- More Hebi
- More Cartoons
Japanese Versions of English Songs!
Disney Songs in Japanese
- Growing up with Chinese (Complete series for learning Chinese)
- Sesame Street - Fun Fun Elmo Series
- PEPPA PIG IN CHINESE
- Hello Kitty 1 Hello Kitty 2 Hello Kitty 3
- Hongen Education - Fun Chinese for Kids
- Miss Panda’s Reading Plaground (children’s books read aloud)
- Youtube channel full of Chinese children’s stories
- This channel also has some videos…
- And another
- More videos
Mandarin Chinese short story/song videos
- Oui Oui (Noddy)
- LES AVENTURES DE TINTIN (Tintin cartoon - complete series)
- Sam le Pompier (Fireman Sam)
- Petit Ours Brun
- Peppa Couchon (Peppa Pig - full episodes)
- A channel with a few videos to explore
Spanish Versions of English Songs
- GetMovies - A whole Youtube channel full of great quality animated films in Russian
- Peppa Pig in Russian
- Masha and Medved
P.S. I’ll be adding more links! If you know of any other foreign language children’s films / cartoons, please let me know!
In French, the expression les Anglais sont arrivés (‘the English have arrived’) is a metaphor used to describe a woman being on her period, in reference to the old Redcoats of the English/British army.
Language is beautiful.
- ennuyer, v.tr. : to bore
- s’ennuyer, v.pr. intr. : to be bored
- - s’ennuyer de qqch/qqn = to miss sth/s.o.
- ennui, n.m. : boredom
- ennuyeux(-se), adj. : boring
- to annoy, v.tr.: déranger, gêner - agacer - chagriner, contrarier
- annoyance, n.: embêtement, agacement
- annoying, adj.: embêtant, gênant, agaçant
You want to read the news in Japanese, but you’re waiting ‘til you can read 1500 Kanji/15000 words/whatever else is the mythical level you need to be at…
Wait no more! NHK Easy News has current news written daily for lower intermediate levels of Japanese learners. Here’s how I use the daily articles to study. [Translations aren’t necessarily accurate!]
[For the first time, listen and translate in your head.]
- Rate yourself on the difficulty of this.
[For the second time, while listening, read the script. Then, translate.
In April of this year, the Board of Education of Sendai, Miyagi Prefecture, and the research group of Professor Ryuta Kawashima of Tokyo University, conducted a survey of 24000 people who commute to middle schools in Sendai.
In the survey, questions were asked concerning Smart phones (mobiles with PC functions), PC usage time, and study time, etc.
Then, the survey answers and subject test grades were compared.
The results were that among pupils who answered that they study 2 hours or more per day, pupils who answered that the time spent using their smart phone for less than an hour had an average score of 75.
However, as for those who answered that they use them for 3 hours or more, the average was 61.2, a decrease of more than 10 points.
It is said that we can understand from the research group that even if their study time was the same, when the time spent using smart phones was longer, the test grades became easily lowered.
Kawashima Ryota said, “Whenever smart phones, etc. are used for a long time, our hearts and minds consider various things, so there is a potential for studying to become easily forgotten.”
"I want people to use smart phones well, through ways such as making an effort to use them for 1 hour a day or less."
[Write a list of the new vocabulary you have learnt, and add them to Anki/your notes.]
機能 きのう function, facility, feature
教科 きょうか subject, curriculum