Some kanji that use water.
雨（あめ、ame) - rain
湿 (しつ、shitsu) - damp, moist
沸 (フつ、futsu) - boil, ferment
州 (しゅう、shuu) - state, province
海 (うみ、umi) - ocean, sea
波 (なみ、nami) - wave
汐 (せき、seki) - tide
池 (ち、chi) - pond
沼 (しょう、shou) - marsh, bog
湖 (みずうみ、mizuumi) - lake
汗 (あせ、ase) - sweat
沢 (さわ、sawa) - swamp
泥 (どろ、doro) - mud
洗 (せん、sen) - wash
泪 (なみだ、namida) - tears
油 (あぶら、abura) - oil
冷 (れい、rei) - cold, cool (drinks, people, not as in temperature; special thanks to azsurance for finding out this kanji for me).
氷 (ひょう、hyou) - hail
汁 (しる、shiru) - broth, juice
沈 (ちん、chin) - sink, submerge
Interested in learning Italian, but don’t have the money to pay for classes? Look no farther! Here you’ll find tons of online resources that’ll have you parlate italiano in no time!
- Italian Alphabet Video #1 - This video is meant for adults and therefore, a little dry.
- Italian Alphabet Video #2 - This video is meant for children and is a song. If you’re an auditory learner, try this out!
- Numbers in Italian
- Shopping in Italian
- Eating Out in Italian
- Italian for Travelers - Very basic Italian that’ll just help you get by.
ONLINE ITALIAN WEBSITES:
- Italian Pronouns
- Regular and Irregular Verbs
- Gender and Number of Italian Nouns
- Italian Nouns with Irregular Gender
- 1001 Italian Verbs
- The 3 Tenses You Need to Speak and Understand Italian
MISC. TIPS AND TRICKS:
- How to Speak Italian and Not Sound Like A Tourist In Italy
- How to Roll Your R’s
- Stop Saying It Wrong: Italian Food Words
- 22 Tips For Learning a Foreign Language
- Learn Italian by Mindsnacks - This is a limited app. To access all features, you’ll have to eventually pay.
- Learn Italian - Phrasebook for Travel in Italy
- Italian FREE 24/7 Language Learning
- Italian English Dictionary + Freemium
Here’s a list of fun (and entertaining!) cartoons, videos, and films you can watch in your target language!
- 로보카폴리 (a fun animated series with talking cars)
- 내친구호비 (My Friend Hebi)
- Cute penguin cartoon
- Cute series with cartoon animals
- Illustrated animal cartoon
- ..Another similar series
- Tobot (또봇) short minute-long clips
- Tobot (또봇) full 1 hour episodes
- Hello Kitty in Korean
- Mr Men & Little Miss
- Channel with many different playlists for complete series
- Another channel full of videos
- Cute Penguin Animated Series
Korean short story/song videos
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAeyBAvUCZM (Umbrella)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufroE1yd0EM (Little Red Riding Hood)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVETxzZOzuo (Hansel & Gretel)
- Mr. Men Little Miss(Short 3 minute long videos)
- Japanese short stories for children
- Nihongo Dekimasu (Complete series for learning Japanese)
- Hebi Japanese
- More Hebi
- More Cartoons
Japanese Versions of English Songs!
Disney Songs in Japanese
- Growing up with Chinese (Complete series for learning Chinese)
- Sesame Street - Fun Fun Elmo Series
- PEPPA PIG IN CHINESE
- Hello Kitty 1 Hello Kitty 2 Hello Kitty 3
- Hongen Education - Fun Chinese for Kids
- Miss Panda’s Reading Plaground (children’s books read aloud)
- Youtube channel full of Chinese children’s stories
- This channel also has some videos…
- And another
- More videos
Mandarin Chinese short story/song videos
- Oui Oui (Noddy)
- LES AVENTURES DE TINTIN (Tintin cartoon - complete series)
- Sam le Pompier (Fireman Sam)
- Petit Ours Brun
- Peppa Couchon (Peppa Pig - full episodes)
- A channel with a few videos to explore
Spanish Versions of English Songs
- GetMovies - A whole Youtube channel full of great quality animated films in Russian
- Peppa Pig in Russian
- Masha and Medved
P.S. I’ll be adding more links! If you know of any other foreign language children’s films / cartoons, please let me know!
In French, the expression les Anglais sont arrivés (‘the English have arrived’) is a metaphor used to describe a woman being on her period, in reference to the old Redcoats of the English/British army.
Language is beautiful.